Thoughts and Wanderings

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rice Salad


I tried a new dish on Papa today. Rice Salad. He was BBQing pork chops and I wanted something quick and refreshing to go with it. I also wanted to use up some leftovers in my refrigerator. Rice... Chopped tomatoes from tacos the other night... I hate throwing food away.

I put the rice and chopped up tomatoes in a bowl and added:
cut up celery
flat leaf parsley and a couple leaves of basil, chopped up fine (about a hand full)

then I tossed the whole thing with:
a generous sprinkling of olive oil
a little vinegar
sea salt and pepper

It was delicious! I'll definitely make it again. It would have also been good with some feta cheese sprinkled in.

Just thought I'd share.
:-)


1 comment:

T said...

Mmmmmm, looks yummy. Will have to try that.

Nice picture! : )