Thoughts and Wanderings

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Food, Glorious Food"

I don't usually do this much thinking about food, but I'm having fun finding recipes on line and in old cookbooks. Here are two easy blender recipes.

Blender Banana Bread
from Red Castle Historic Lodgings, Nevada City, CA
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 cup sliced ripe bananas (I used 2 that I had in my freezer)
1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup sifted flour
1 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Put eggs, lemon peel, bananas, butter, and sugar in blender container. Cover and blend on high for 20 seconds or till smooth. Sift together remaining dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Pour egg mixture over and stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans) if desired. I also added 1/2 cup chocolate chips at my grandson's suggestion. (great addition!!!) Turn into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or till done.

Blender Lemonade
from Ina (The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used Meyer lemons from my garden)
1/2 cup superfine sugar, to taste
1 cup crushed ice
4 cups water
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Serve over ice.

Now find a lovely spot in your garden and enjoy!

No comments: