Thoughts and Wanderings

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Going Home

Today starts out with a 3am shower and a 4am drive to the airport by our amazing host. He said that he “needs to get up at 5am anyway, so one hour earlier won’t matter.” It probably did, but he very generously gave us his time and energy and we were very grateful.


















The airport seemed like it was just starting to wake up for the day. Getting through security is never a problem for us and we walked through effortlessly with our two little bags each. Once we found our gate, I walked down to get coffee for me and hot chocolate for Papa. It was an interesting experience to see people at the coffee shop in various shades of wakefulness making their purchases. Me included… I’m just not used to buying coffee, or anything for that matter, at 4:30am. But some coffee and juice got me started.








































As we took off, the sun was low over the horizon and a new day was beginning. I thought of our trip (Orlando and Virginia), of all we had done and seen, of those we had visited and now have to leave behind. Leaving always seems to come before all the talking is done, before all the kisses and hugs are finished (we’ll miss those babies!), before all the quiet sitting time together is over. Maybe it’s supposed to be that way so we can save something for our next visit.

Time to go home. Papa heads back to jobs and people that need his attention. I think I’ll plant an herb garden in that sunny spot, dry some of my lavender to make sachets, clean a closet, and take grandchildren to Tahoe.

1 comment:

T said...

I'm glad you and Papa had such a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to see all the pictures. CC loved reading about all the places you saw....back where she used to live.