Thoughts and Wanderings

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Afternoon Tea

I was taking care of two of my granddaughters one afternoon while my daughter, their mommy, was out doing a photo shoot (she's a professional photographer). It was a beautiful, sunny summer day and I thought it would be nice to have tea on my back porch. 

I chose a pretty little tea pot with matching tea cups, tea napkins that matched, and put it all in a lined basket. The two girls helped me to make "something savory and something sweet" to go with our tea. We had Wild Sweet Orange tea, celery with cream cheese, and girl scout cookies.

We sat at the table on the back porch overlooking the lush green garden and I poured tea for the three of us. CL, always thinking deep thoughts, looked at me very intently. 

"Nonna," she said, "I think we're ready for fancy tea with Grammy."

I then remembered Grammy wanting to go out to tea again and wanting me to bring some of my little girls. I had talked to my daughter about it at the time and she started to prepare her girls for the event. She was going to tell me when they were ready. CL told me they had been practicing and she felt they now were ready. Her birthday is the same day as Grammy's birthday. What a treat that would be! Grammy and two little girls are going to be very excited.

No comments: