Thoughts and Wanderings

Monday, July 7, 2008

Florida Travel Day

Off to Florida to visit our (Papa's) children there. SJ & SCJ (son and daughter-in-law), CJ (4 year old girl), and TJ (1 year old boy).

I do a lot of "research" when I begin a trip. Where to go, what to see, what to bring, how to pack. Papa and I decided we were going to carry everything on the plane this time. No checked baggage. Liquids and gels went into our zip lock bags, prescriptions went into a separate zip lock bag, and we got though security without a hitch. From home to the airport is always a taxi which is less than $15. We were under 40 pounds with our suitcases which was pretty easy to do, actually.

The trip went very smoothly. Papa was able to listen to his book until he fell asleep and I read and napped. Oh! Lunch! Did you know that San Jose Mineta Airport has Noah's Bagels? After we got through security and were all settled, I searched around for something good to eat on the plane for lunch. I did not want fast food. But Noah's Bagels was down at the other end (a nice walk) and I bought roast beef sandwich on potato bread for Papa and turkey sandwich on plain bagel for me. So, lunch was wonderful. I had put 2 large charcoal gray napkins in my large purse, which were perfect for spreading on our laps as we ate.

We arrived in Orlando (on Delta by way of Atlanta) at about 10pm where SCJ and our 2 grandchildren picked us up. She had bought food for our breakfast the next morning since we were going to stay at our (Papa's) daughter, SJJ, and boyfriend's, FF (soon to be son-in-law, we hope), condo while they're away for the summer as instructors on a drum corp tour with the SCV.

We're looking forward to a wonderful visit...

No comments: