Thoughts and Wanderings

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dates with grandchildren

Taking my grandchildren out on "dates" makes for a very special time together. I've taken my oldest, MG, several times, but she has a few years on the others. Today was EG's turn. Shopping and lunch at the Gilroy Outlets. We bought cute clothes for her for summer, some great deals on shirts and pants and shorts for Papa, and perfect skirt and tops for me. And lunch was fun. She was so excited going through the salad bar at Fresh Choice and filling her dish with all her favorite vegetables and corn bread. Ice cream cone for dessert, of course. I see so much of her daddy in her. How she talks, how she looks at me, the little devilish gleam she gets, the excitement inside that starts to spin her out of control. Dates are a perfect way for us to get to know each other. We'll definitely do it again. Hmmm. Who's turn is next? CL, I think.

2 comments:

T said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Do mommies get a turn too?

Nonna said...

mommies' turn? Hmmm. That's a good idea!